Sunday, June 1, 2014

setbacks, setbacks, and more setbacks

So you could say that the past two weeks I've had some setbacks. I have had barely any time to do anything other sun salutations in the morning, but no time for any sequences or practicing of any more advanced poses. To top it off I found out I pulled a muscle in my lower back! Not from yoga, but from either dead-lifting or squatting in my conditioning and weight-training class. At first I thought I was just sore from the combination of lifting and yoga almost every day but then the pain didn't go away and started to get worse. I thought I just needed to stretch it out so I did some simple inversions like a bridge and cow to cat pose, but those did not help and maybe made it feel a bit worse. Anyways I went to the doctor and he said I should feel a lot better in about 2 more weeks if I just take it easy so thats good news! Some more good news is that our school newspaper The Update did an article on our 20-time Pitch Presentation! I got kind of excited because there was a picture of me doing upward facing dog on the front page (: That's all the exciting stuff that has really happened the last few weeks, and even though my back is hurting I still try to do some breathing exercises or other simple poses just to keep it in my daily routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment