Friday, May 9, 2014

My set-backs and my progress

This past week was a rough one when it came to time management. I worked almost 20 hours and that is almost double what I work in a regular school week. A part of my 20-time goal is to eventually become an altogether more balanced person throughout my yoga practice and that means making time for yoga even when I have the most hectic of weeks! This week I was limited to only doing a few sun salutations in the morning when I woke and today spending about 30 minutes working on flexibility and handstands. I am going to attach a picture of my very first headstand.... I had to use the wall to balance against and could only get halfway up but at least it was something! I am proud to say that by now I can hold it all the way extended and without the help of a wall (: this is just the beginning of the progress I can see strength wise, but I know I can only achieve more! One thing I want to work on more next week is being able to clear my mind while practicing yoga and being able to think more clearly/balanced, to me this will be the hardest part but excelling in my asanas (poses) will help along the way.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture of you! You NEED to teach me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw you doing that pose during the 20-time fair. It was pretty impressive! I definitly don't have enough balance to be able to do that. It seems like you are making a lot of progress and truly enjoying learning how to do yoga. Goodluck with the rest of your project!

    ReplyDelete