Thursday, April 10, 2014

First Blog!

The goal of my 20 Time project is to make yoga a part of my lifestyle. I plan on starting my research by learning about all the different aspects of yoga and all of its benefits while slowly starting to incorporate the activity into my everyday life! The one thing I am not very good at is balance whether its balancing my everyday life or even holding a yoga pose. What really made me choose this topic as opposed to something else would be that there are more than just physical benefits to doing yoga, and i excited to "find myself" as many people say yoga helps them do! One of  my classmates Sanjay brought me a book full of yoga poses from India which i'm really excited to get into, I started reading the beginning and its very interesting. I plan to blog my progress anywhere from once to twice a week. I think it might be fun to see my progress by taking pictures or videos of myself trying some of the basic poses at first and then comparing them to my skills at the end of the year! ....until next time (:

6 comments:

  1. Great idea with the pictures! Yes, your blog looks amazing and I'm sure you will look like the lady in the background soon. Will anyone join you for yoga or is it more quiet time for you? Will you take any classes? I look forward to learning more about yoga and what you think about. You're an interesting and unique/deep thinker...and I'm sure yoga will inspire some interesting/unique/deep epiphanies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah will be doing yoga with me! Tomorrow we are going to start by picking the poses/combinations we want to start working on, maybe we can take the "before" part to my before and after pictures! I plan on going to The Yoga Place downtown once a week! I'm also excited to see what "epiphanies" will be inspired by this project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you taking a yoga class or teaching yourself? Do you have any favorite yoga poses?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I plan on doing a mix of both! I don't have a favorite post yet, but that's a good thing I could make a post on, thanks for the idea (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your 20 time project!!! I too find that I struggle to keep balance in my life... so keep me updated on how its working out for you and maybe i'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete